As I mentioned in a previous post I am currently following the Idiot Proof Diet ( also known as Pig to Twig) I’m doing this along with some of the girls from Beaut.ie and we’re emailing and encouraging each other. I’ve always been a bit of a yo-yo dieter and I’m sick of it. This is my fourth week following this plan and so far it’s going OK.
Its based on a low-carb plan but not as severe as Atkins, bits of it are really tough though- you can’t have fruit in Phase 1 and some veg is restricted. Also the only non alcoholic drinks allowed are water (3 litres a day is recommended, my poor bladder!!!) and decaf tea and coffee. I’m not weighing myself at the moment but I have been feeling a lot lighter, however I’m the type of person who wants results NOW!!! I also think I have to watch my portion sizes a bit and cut out the cheese. I’m going to stick with it though- the weekend was a bit of bummer, although you’re allowed alcohol- well spirits I feel the V&Ts on Saturday didn’t do me much good. The other slight problem I’m having is without going into too much detail is that it seems to affect “regularity” .
Anyway I am determined to lose weight- even if it takes me a while, I will do it. Part of the IPD is that you need to write out your stakes so I’m going to do it here as a reminder for me and well, maybe you’ll be interested.
- Health, I don’t want weight to affect my health in later life
- I want to go shopping and buy whatever I want
- I want to wear a bit less when it’s hot and feel good.
- I want to feel confident in my clothes
- I want to wear great jeans
- I want to pose for photographs without cringing that I’ll look huge in them
- If I get invited to an occassion (wedding/holiday/party/nightout) I don’t want to feel sick thinking about what I’ll wear.
- I have a lot of clothes from when I was thinner that I love and want to wear again
- I want to wear skirts, strappy tops, shirts and tight t-shirts.
- I love fashion and want to follow it more
I am quite tall and have a larger frame. I know I look my best when I’m around a size 12-14. I’ll never be a size 10 and that’s fine with me. I’m not weighing myself for a while because I know I get a bit obsessive so I’m just going to go by measurements and my clothes for a bit.
I think my stakes are high but worth it and looking at that list achieving that is more important than eating a tub of Ben and Jerry’s.